Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

7/28/7 - Ignorance is Not Bliss


Ignorance is Not Bliss
7/28/7

The other morning as Brad and I were relishing in the afterglow of making love, Brad shared with me an insight he was having.  He said he could see ourselves in heaven just before we made our final leap into existence.  Our Heavenly Father’s last words to us were…HAVE FUN!  As the final trails of glory were streaming from our celestial selves we could barely make out Heavenly Mother’s final sentiments…but BE CAREFUL!! 
How many times have we, as parents, said these same words to our own children—Have fun, but be careful!  Well, I have to admit I do it every time they leave on a date or travel far distances.  I also have to admit that the “word mechanic” in me immediately came out to play.  “Care-ful” meaning “full of care.”  I thought about this for a moment.  Then shared with Brad some of my own insights. 
“If we could only be care-ful in being fully caring, loving beings to each other and treat each other’s feelings with the highest amount of TLC, I think then we could truly have fun and find the joy in each present moment.”
“But what exactly does that mean to ‘treat each other’s feelings with the highest amount of TLC?” Brad inquired.
Again, I pondered it briefly.
“Well, it means being responsible for our own feelings and then “able to respond” to others feelings.  Being “response-able” is the key here.  When we get so wrapped up in our own feelings of anger, jealously, rage and needing to control then we are unable to respond to another’s feelings.  It also means being “accountable” for what we say and do.  Like an accountant is with our money—we should be as careful with our words and actions as we expect him to be with our money.  That’s being responsible and accountable for our words and actions.
We had both just finished Gregg Braden’s book, The Divine Matrix and Brad brought up the part where Gregg had traveled the world over to finally end up in a monastery in Tibet to ask a famous Tibetan abbot the one question he’d been searching his whole life for an answer to.  In Gregg Braden’s own words:

“What connects us with one another, our world, and the universe?  What’s the ‘stuff’ that carries our prayers beyond our bodies and holds the world together?”  The abbot looked directly at me as our translator echoed my question in Tibetan.
Instinctively, I glanced to the guide, who was our go-between for the entire conversation.  I wasn’t prepared for the translation that I heard coming back to me. “Compassion,” he said.  “The geshe (great teacher) says that compassion is what connects us.”
“How can that be?” I asked, looking for clarity in what I was hearing.  “Is he describing compassion as a force of nature or as an emotional experience?”  Suddenly, an animated exchange broke out as the translator put my question to the abbot.
“Compassion is what connects all things” was his final answer.  And that was it!   Following nearly ten minutes of intensive dialogue involving the deepest elements of Tibetan Buddhism, all I got to hear was those six words!

A few days later Gregg had the opportunity to ask another Tibetan monk the same question.

            Just as I’d asked the abbot only days before, I posed the same question (through the translator) to the monk: “Is compassion a force of creation, or is it an experience?”  His eyes turned to the place on the ceiling where I’d been looking only seconds before, taking a deep sigh, he thought for a moment, collecting the wisdom of what he’d learned since entering the monasteries at the age of eight.  (He appeared to be in his mid-20s now.)  Suddenly, he lowered his eyes, looking at me as he responded.  The answer was short, powerful, and made tremendous sense.  “It is both,” were the words that came back to me from the monk.  “Compassion is both a force in the universe as well as a human experience.”

            Again the word mechanic in me came out to play.  So what exactly does the word “compassion” mean?  Well, if you break up the word into two parts “com” which is the Latin root word for “with” and “passion” which means “intense emotion” or “energy in motion,” then compassion, literally translated means “with intense emotion” or “energy in motion.”
Every therapist knows that whenever energy becomes “stuck” we begin to die.  We start to exhibit restriction and resistance which causes us pain.  Pain is simply a signal that we are blocking energy by restricting its flow or resisting its movement.  My job as a therapist is to assist my clients in releasing those blocked energy pathways which are causing them pain.  Pain is a friend to the therapist as it signals to us where there is blocked energy.  To ignore pain is to not get in touch with the body’s natural signals.  In other words “Ignorance is not always bliss!” 
When we ignore the feelings and impressions that are coming up for us and also suppress emotion or the “energy-in-motion” which arises in us, then we lose an opportunity to clear this energy and heal that which is causing the blockage.  It doesn’t mean we have to act on our negative emotions—it’s just being aware that they exist and acknowledging their existence.  We then can be responsible for transforming those negative emotions into positive ones such as love, forgiveness, peace, joy and bliss.  Our emotional state of mind is also a choice.  The more consciously we choose positive emotions, the less space the negative ones have to occupy us.  This truly is the state of enlightenment.
After my last newsletter, An Emergency I was sent an enlightening e-mail from a new and dear friend, Sheri, which I forwaded onto my beloveds.  She attached some beautiful photographs of the Glasswing butterflies found in South America. (See photos below)  It was prefaced with the following words:


These beautiful butterflies live in South America. A butterfly with transparent wings is rare and beautiful.  As delicate as finely blown glass, the presence of this rare tropical gem is used by rainforest ecologists as an indication of high habitat quality and its demise alerts them of ecological change.  Rivaling the refined beauty of a stained glass window, the translucent wings of the Glasswing butterfly shimmer in the sunlight like polished panes of turquoise, orange, green, and red. All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Glasswing Butterfly 07Glasswing Butterfly 01

I then had a dear friend, Claudia, ask me the question “Well, what happens when we see the Glasswing butterflies disappearing?”  “Good question,” I replied as I thought about it for a moment.  I didn’t have an answer for her.  But then I read something that very night out of Gregg Braden’s book, The Isaiah Effect that I thought would answer her question.  And so, Claudia, this is for you:

Rewriting Our Future

The membrane between future possibilities may be so thin that we fail to recognize when we have crossed into a new outcome.  The “sudden urge,” for example, to exercise more often, eat differently, or recommit to a floundering relationship represents a new choice that breaks the structure of a present pattern and promises a new outcome.  Though we may feel that the choice has been spontaneous or natural, the change now allows us to experience a possibility of health or relationship that was only a dream in the past.  Prayer is the language that allows us to express our dreams, making them real in our lives.  What if our choices were made intentionally?
Now, perhaps more than any other time in human history, the choice of outcome is ours.  Once we have read the words, recognized the possibilities, and exposed ourselves to new ideas, we cannot return to the innocence (ignorance) of the moment before.  In the presence of what we have seen, we must make sense of our experience.  We may disregard (ignore) what we have been shown, citing lack of proof or too little data, or we may allow ourselves to embrace the opportunity of a new way.  The moment that we reconcile each new possibility is the moment where the magic begins; it is the moment of choice.
As our world gives birth to a new earth, landmasses, weather patterns, ice caps, and magnetic shifts bear witness to the changes.  In light of recent research, what is the potential of applying the wisdom of two-thousand-year-old texts on a global scale, to answer the challenges of the new millennium with an outcome for healing, peace, and graceful transition?  The labor has already begun as history points to now, the last days of prophecy.

I’ve been accused of spreading myself so thin that I’ve become “transparent.”  With a large family, a great group of friends, two jobs and care-taking Mom, my life seems tremendously rich and full.  I feel much like those beautiful transparent and “clear” Glasswing butterflies—that my life has genuine vision and purpose which is clearly defined.  Transparency can also mean “total honesty” which is what I try to be in every relationship.
Last night Brad and I shared the fortune in his fortune cookie.  It read:  “Your dream will soon come true.”  We both laughed out loud as we both knew very well “my dream.”  My dream is to build a place of healing—a virtual heaven on earth—where family and friends can join together to intentionally create a peaceful, loving, joyful community.  You are invited to join us in our dreams.  Just show up.  Another dream is to create a Garden of Eden inside the biodome of the healing center where exotic butterflies like the Glasswing butterfly and the rare Blue Butterfly can frolic and play without the threat of extinction.  (See the movie “The Blue Butterfly” for details.)
Please join with me in prayer to create this vision of “heaven on earth” together.  For more details of this vision, please e-mail me for e-copies of my books Heartsong and Heart Wide Open.  I would be happy to e-mail them to you.
Also, just as an end note.  Gregg Braden will be coming to Salt Lake on November 16 and 17.  The cost is a mere $115.00 for both days.  For a VIP pass to sit in the first 5 rows in the Salt Palace, which Brad and I ordered yesterday, it’s $150.00.  Call Sue Borg at 801-261-2227 to order your tickets.  VIP passes are running out this weekend so get your order in.  Books by Gregg Braden are:  Awakening to Zero Point, Walking Between the Worlds, The Isaiah Effect, The God Code, The Divine Matrix, Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer.  They are all must-read books.  As I’ve talked to other people who know or have met Gregg Braden, they all say he is incredible and “walks his talk.”  I hope to see many of you there and also at the Church of the Hot Springs this Sunday.  I will be sure to be there.  Peace, love and joy to all—Janae

1 comment:

  1. Wordsmith extraordinaire`, Goddess speak, Fusion Union dynamic extremely profound and urgently timely, critical to civilization advance.. a MUST read. I urge it for your enhancement you will find therein.

    ReplyDelete