Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

8/15/11 - All the World’s a Stage


All the World’s a Stage
8/15/11
“All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players.” William Shakespeare
When attending Masquerade Parties, costuming is most important. 
While indulging myself in a coffee-cleanse Thursday morning, I imagined what I would wear…my rainbow vortex medicine bag filled with a dash of sacred salt from the Salt Flats and a pinch of  helichrysum I’d been gifted with during the Pipe Ceremony the night before, my tie-dyed Nudestock shirt sporting a peace sign on front layered with a lacey white tank top, my tight capris jeans I’d scored at the “Mexican Swapmeet” at the Redwood Road Theater, layered with a rainbow tie-dyed wrap-around mini-skirt.  As I was completing my ensemble with silver “vortex” earrings I’d traded for a Tantric massage from a guy I’d met in Maui who’d purchased them on a recent trip to India, I heard the text signal to my cell phone go off…again…and again…and again.  I smiled, knowing it was Cliff, a dear friend I’d run into yesterday at Whole Foods who asked if he could text me.  As I finished threading the matching earring through the piercing in my ear, I went into the massage room to retrieve the message on my phone which had been plugged into the battery charger.
“I sat with the dawn.  It overflowed from the sky like a light-song singing to the mountains and the valley below.  I watched the sky transform….”  I sighed knowing I’d be late if I spent the desired time relishing Cliff’s soulful poetry.  I’d have time to read the rest in court.  As I laced up my pair of hand-made moccasin-boots (another part of my costume), I realized that these would be rather hot in 100 degree August weather and a bit “over the top.”  I quickly unlaced them, realizing I was running late for my 8:45 bench-warrant court hearing, and slipped on my white “thong” sandals. (Yes, we used to call “flip-flops” thongs not floss-string underwear.)  I knocked on Brad’s bathroom door (as he was in the middle of his coffee-cleanse) and told him I was leaving and to wish me luck.  I also informed him I was leaving my USB stick with all of my Holy Vortex Foundation website pages on it…just in case they decided to throw me in jail…he’d have to be responsible for the website.
As I slid the seatbelt across my lap in my POS white Volkswagon Cambriolet, I reflected on the events of the previous day.  It had really turned out to be an interesting day.
I’d scheduled to meet Torg (an “Urban Shaman” and founder of the Open Mind Foundation) at 9 a.m. at the Heber Wells Building to umbrella my Holy Vortex Foundation into a DBA.  I’d met with an attorney, Pattie Christensen, who’d started the www.womenow.org  nonprofit organization for “women out of crisis”  last Wednesday and we’d had a great “mind-meld” as I discussed my court case and my personal desire to start my own nonprofit for networking sustainable intentional communities.  I showed her the two petitions I’d recently filed with the court and told her I hadn’t heard from my attorney’s office ever since.  I wasn’t quite sure where the court was with all of it and  she told me that I should call my attorney to find out if they’d filed their own “Motion to Dismiss” as it needed to be filed by them as they were representing my case, and the court doesn’t usually respond to letters sent “pro se.”  I told her I would call my attorney’s office ASAP and then we discussed details of my non-profit.  She informed me that in order to accept donations for a nonprofit you had to file with the state for approval, after which they would determine if you qualified.  She sent me an e-mail file for the paperwork.  When I received it I was dumb-founded at what was required—more information than I wanted to hand over including recent tax statements which weren’t available as Heartsong was doing business as a “Free Church” for the past several years.  I knew there had to be another way around all this bureaucratic “red tape” so I sent out a petition to God.
That evening at the Introduction to Shamanism 101/Matrix Class, we were reunited with some “Wildernook” friends we’d partied with at “Warren’s Wilderness Lovefest” the previous weekend and met some amazing new friends.  Shamans Ryxi and Torg conducted the class, giving us an overview of what the course would entail.  When it came to class introductions, I shared my “Reader’s Digest Condensed Version” of my lifetime Shamanic experiences.  (That’s why I write books BTW.)  After the Matrix Class (which was quite intriguing) Brad and I hung around for awhile discussing with Renee aka Shaman Ryxi her “Nemenhah Path” which had been adopted under the Oklevueha Native American Church.  I was open-minded and curios as Renee seemed extremely invested in the Nemenhah Path.  She generously loaned me two of her personal, well-marked Nemenhah volumes which she claims were translations from plates, skins and papyrus found in or around Sanpete County. Interesting, I thought…realizing that Renee, Torg and I had land holdings in Sanpete in various stages of building sustainable intentional communities on.  Before leaving, Spirit nudged me to ask Torg (who had retired to his bedroom downstairs) if he could perhaps help me with my nonprofit status for the Holy Vortex Foundation.  He informed me that he’d umbrellaed nearly 30 nonprofits under his Open Mind Foundation including one belonging to our dear friends, Robert and Carol Pope called the Bring Joy Foundation (although Carol and I’d had a recent fall-out at Wildernook which did not bring any joy!)
As I opened the first volume of The Mentinah Archives before falling asleep, I couldn’t help but have de ja vus of reading the Book of Mormon during my high school LDS Seminary years.  It was Sominex in print and I quickly fell asleep wondering what Brad and I had gotten ourselves into—signing up for the Shamanism 101 Course.   The next day was spent “going down the rabbit hole” as I google-searched the Nemenhah Band and its founder, Philip Landis.  Here’s what I discovered from the internet: 
The Mentinah Archives are alleged to be the recorded histories of the people known anciently as the "Nemenhah" (people of the truth) who trace their history from the journey of Hagoth into the Land Northward into what is now known as the "four corners" area.
They were allegedly written upon plates of various metals, processed animal hides and paper velum.  Allegedly, the records were archived in several locations in North and Central America anciently, with the only surviving copies of the histories of the Nemenhah being strictly guarded in the libraries at a non-disclosed location in Sanpete County, Utah.  When the LDS church said they could not translate them another person eventually translated them into Spanish-related language.  They were then translated into English and first published Nov. 11, 2004. (11/11)
The hallmark is the alleged "rest of the story" of Samuel the Lamanite.  A visit of Jesus Christ and a presentation of his teachings are featured as well.   Samuel the Lamanite is presented as a great grandson of Alma, and grandson of Corianton, who apparently was misunderstood by Alma, and actually had converted and married the once harlot, Isabel.  According to Alma 63:10, had Corianton not sailed north to bring provisions to Hagoth's people, he would have become caretaker of the records we now possess as the Book of Mormon.


Making headlines this morning is a small pseudo-religious group known as the Nemenhah Band. This Missouri-based group along with their religious beliefs are currently keeping a young cancer-stricken Minnesota teen from receiving life-saving chemotherapy treatment. The 13-year-old boy, who has recently been diagnosed with lymphoma, a deadly yet highly treatable form of cancer, is being denied access by his parents who share the Nemenhah Band’s belief that only natural remedies will treat illness. Fortunately, the Brown County District Judge, John Rodenberg, disagrees.
In a court case held earlier today, Rodenberg overruled the parents’ religious objection and stated that the boy had been “medically neglected” and should be sent to CPS (child protection services) immediately — as well as undergo the necessary treatment. This is especially good news for young Daniel as doctors familiar with the case currently give him a 90% survival rate so long as he proceeds with the treatment, but without it they estimate that rate to decrease to 5%.
As to the Nemenhah Band themselves, they are a new organization that hold beliefs similar to that of local Native Americans as well as the Mormon Church — although neither group recognizes the Nemenhah Band as a part of them. Their leader, Philip “Cloudpiler” Landis has a criminal past and spent a few months in jail several years ago for charges of fraud. After leaving jail he started the group which he allows others to join for a small fee of $250. To top it off, whenever members of the Nemenhah Band get sick they also have to pay Landis for the natural medicines too.
In 1999, a jury convicted Phillip Reid Landis of the felony offenses of theft and deceptive practices. The District Court sentenced him to a 10-year suspended sentence on each count. Testimony in the case indicated that Phillips contracted to teach people how to grow, harvest, and market organic Reishi mushrooms for profit. Phillips also promised to buy what was produced, but failed to keep his promises and became unresponsive to inquiries. Landis appealed, but, as shown below, the Montana Supreme Court found no judicial impropriety and said that "sufficient evidence existed from which a jury could find, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Landis made false and deceptive statements over a period of months to promote and procure the sale of property and services." In recent years, Landis has been operating Nemenhah Band, a "Native American Church" that teaches that all illnesses can be cured with native remedies and that chemotherapy and radiation are “poisons.” Members join "spiritual adoption" that involves a “donation” of $250 and subsequent monthly “donations.” Members 13 years old and older are considered “medicine men” and “elders” in the organization, which also sells herbal products concocted by Landis. In 2009, Landis became newsworthy when a Minnesota judge ordered a 13-year-old "member" (Daniel Hauser) to undergo chemotherapy for life-threatening Hodgkins disease.
As many of you know by now, one of my favorite pastimes is “Alice’s Adventures Down the Rabbit Hole.”  It’s not that I enjoy the prospects of exposing all the colorful characters like the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit etc. for who they truly are, but I suppose it’s part of my journalistic nature to attract interesting material for my Heartsong Newsletters.  Or perhaps it’s my own quest for truth and so I’ve relegated myself to the simple acronym of BSB (Bull Shit Buster).  Regardless of what motivates me, I was indeed curious as to how deep this rabbit hole was heading as the material I uncovered that day touched upon some real “trigger points” that personally affected me.
First off, I’d already traveled down the Mormon “rabbit hole” decades ago and had come up with my own “testimony” based on undeniable scientific evidence that convinced me that the whole Book of Mormon story was totally fiction and Joseph Smith an absolute fraud.  But I felt like Nicolaus Copernicus and Galeleo Galilei trying to convince the entire Catholic Church that they were wrong—that the earth actually rotated around the sun—not the other way around.  And now I was faced with another adjunct fraud named Philip Landis who claimed to have translated the “lost books of the Book of Mormon” and had formed an offshoot Mormon/Native American “brand” named the Nemenhah Band—which my Shamanism 101 “professors” embraced whole-heartedly. 
Granted, I concurred with “Dr. Phil” (he claims to have a degree in Naturopathy) that everyone has the right to decide what type of medical treatment they should be allowed; and personally, if it were me, I would definitely choose holistic health practices over allopathic any day.  But then enters the rights of the minor child and the question being asked—who has jurisdiction over his rights—the parents or the courts?  Obviously, this is a controversial subject because when we include the state in our intimate relationships by signing a marriage license “contract,” this contract would include the state having rights to all of the assets from our marriage—which includes our children.  Obviously, there are times when the state should interfere—when there is criminal behavior such as child abuse and neglect going on.  But I feel that the state, in this particular case, has over-ridden its right to determine what type of healthcare one chooses for oneself and one’s family.  This conclusion comes even after witnessing my older sister, Marsha, contracting Hodgkins Disease and being completely cured after several chemo/radiation treatments.  However, I do believe that there are many safe and effective holistic cures that are legal outside of the U. S. like the Gerson Therapy which I believe the parents of this particular child were perhaps seeking.  Good for them!
But I decided to put this entire “adventure” on a shelf for now as I was dealing with my own personal embattlements.  I was scheduled to go down to St. George on Friday with my daughter, Destiny, to celebrate my grand-daughter, Sienna’s third birthday party on August 7th.  I was also anticipating taking my two teenaged daughters, Kelsey and Jenny, down to enroll them in high school as they’d finally gotten their dad’s permission to transfer from a small Montana high school (where sex, pot, cigarettes and beer were extra-curricular activities) to a very conservative St. George high school (which we later learned had dress codes).  Now there’s a pendulum swing for you!

I’d scrimped together enough money last Christmas to buy my two daughters a used Subaru, so I anticipated them driving it down that weekend so that they could register on Monday (the week before school started) and would have a car for transportation.  But alas, the SOS (Same Old Shit) distress signal went out early in the week telling us that their dad (Kurt’s his name—Hurt’s his game) had decided to confiscate their Subaru for Christy’s son, Jesse, to use to travel back and forth from school in Montana.  We (including all of my older children) were obviously outraged by Kurt’s unethical decision, but what could any of us do? (Other than gather a group of us “outlaws” together and storm the property, guns blazing, to retrieve “Mom’s” Subaru.)  Frustration reached its peak on Saturday when I desperately contacted Christy’s brother, Kody Brown, on Facebook and wrote him the following message:
Hi Kody!  Could you please give me the name of your attorney who is filing a lawsuit against the state of Utah for your rights to practice your religion?  I would like him to defend me in my case against the State of Utah for violating my rights to practice my religion which is based on Tantric/Shamanic/Gnostic principles and practices.  As you may already know I’ve founded my own church calling it “The Church of the Gathering of What is Real” and I was arrested a year and a half ago for practicing my religion.  Also, do you think you could influence your sister, Christy, to give me back my husband, my children, my home, my land, and now my car which I bought Jenny and Kelsey for Christmas and is now being given to her son (your nephew) Jesse.  I’m also concerned about him driving it without being registered or insured as I feel somewhat responsible as I bought the car! Thanks, Kody, I appreciate your help in these matters.  LOL—Janae (King) Thorne-Bird
Okay, so I admit I was a bit presumptuous but give me a break—I was acting out of sheer desperation!   Kurt and Christy had long ago cut-off any communication with me and I felt each time my children got in the middle of our disagreements, it was somewhat abusive to them.  (BTW—I never did get a reply back from Kody, only from one of his “fans” saying I should have posted it on his “personal Facebook messages” rather than on his wall.  Perhaps that would have been a better approach, so sorry, Kody, if you feel used and abused ;)   Nevertheless, I really wanted to travel to St. George that weekend to enroll my girls and also attend Sienna’s birthday party.  But Kurt wanted to play his usual “control-drama game” and wait until the next week to bring down the girls.  (I found out later one of the reasons was because Kelsey would be getting her one and only paycheck for $100 from Hollister’s which would pay for the gas money along with Jenny’s last $20 in savings, even though this trip was a dental visit for Christy’s children!  Okay, let out a big aaaarrrgggg with me!) 
Life has some of those “whatever” moments that you just have to deal with no matter how hard you practice “The Law of Attraction.”  I still haven’t figured out how to deal with the Kurt/Hurt syndrome, so instead of getting all frustrated,  Brad and I decided to camp out near Diamond Fork Hot Springs that weekend and hike up for our very own “Church of the Most High Hot Springs” Celebration.  I’d brought my home-brewed Kombucha “sacrament” to try out (enough said on that subject) and I was still feeling a bit “high” when we stopped at Cal and Becky’s to pick up the rest of our “mushroom” extract and talk shop.
We updated them on our recent exposure to the Nemenhah Band of ONAC and Becky interjected that she’d also been “scammed” by this group when she paid her $250 with the promise that she’d receive a set of CDs describing their beliefs and ceremonies.  She didn’t receive any CDs only a certificate verifying that she was now a bona fide “Medicine Person” and could conduct her own ceremonies (which instructions she hadn’t received).  She felt conned by this now notorious Phil Landis along with Cal. 
Cal had shown us a large “mushroom” weeks earlier (actually, I knew them as “conchs”) which “Dr. Landis” had left with him to do an extract.  It supposedly had “mysterious healing properties designed to enhance your immune system.”  Cal had done the extraction, but Landis hadn’t returned to pick up the extract and pay Cal for his efforts.  By now the story was piling up higher and deeper (a regular PHD credential) and so I renamed “Chief Cloudpiler” “Shitpiler” when I suddenly realized that I was one of the families who was probably scammed by this man!  I told Cal that someone (I didn’t remember names as it was so many years ago) had contacted our family to gather these so-called “mushrooms” off of pine and cedar trees as they were extracting holistic medicine from them.  My children and I had spent nearly a week gathering huge garbage bags full of these “mushrooms” from off of ancient pine and cedar trees which grew on our property.  When we went to get paid for our efforts and products—we were told that they were the wrong type of “mushrooms” and ripped us off.  They generously offered to “take the mushrooms off of our hands as they could perhaps make paper out of them.”
I told Brad that I didn’t want any part of this Nemenhah Band/Brand of Indian-traders and wasn’t interested in attending Shamans Torg and Ryxi’s course if it involved subscribing to this type of scandalous deception.  Brad called Torg the next day and was reassured that his “brand” of Shamanism was well-researched and legitimate.  That same day, Monday, I received a message from my attorney (with all this excitement I’d neglected to contact my attorney as Spirit had nudged me to do) that I had a bench warrant out for my arrest as I’d neglected to appear in court for a hearing in which they were filing a motion to dismiss and strike all charges.  I was frantic and called my attorney, Lacey Singleton, back immediately only to get her secretary who informed me that she’d sent me a message clear back in June about my next court date.  I knew she was lying as I’d spoken with her after filing a continuance as my next court date fell on my youngest son, Andrew’s, birthday (June 19).  I’d already scheduled a trip up to Montana to celebrate Andrew’s 14th birthday since I hadn’t seen him for over a year.  We had a great visit although I hardly recognized him ‘cause he’d grown a foot and his voice had changed since I last saw him.  It was criminal of Kurt not to allow my son, Andrew, to ride back with me to spend a few weeks in Salt Lake for the summer.  Again Kurt played the “control-drama game” by ignoring me; and both Andrew and I felt “backed against a wall” and severely defeated when he refused to honor our requests through a phone message to my oldest daughter, Aubrey.

     
As for my court hearing…I’d already filed my own “pro se” petitions to the court at my last hearing and I hadn’t heard back from anyone ever since.  Part of me was hopeful that it had all been “dropped” and so I didn’t really want to “rattle any chains”…so to speak.  The next day my attorney called and said they had scheduled a “bench-warrant hearing” for Thursday morning at 8:45.  I was relieved but somewhat nervous driving around town with a bench-warrant hanging over my head…which brings us full circle to my “interesting Wednesday.” 
As I got in my car that morning to head downtown to meet Torg at the Heber Wells Building, I tugged on my seatbelt but it wouldn’t budge.  No matter how I manipulated and maneuvered, it still was stuck and I couldn’t pull it across me.  I gave up knowing if I spent any more time fiddling with it, I’d be late.  So I drove off without buckling my seat belt, passing a cop parked next to the freeway onramp and then several more who were “crowd-controlling” the bumper-to-bumper 9 a.m. traffic.  I slammed on my brakes several times, barely avoiding a fender-bender pile-up, with thoughts of my bench warrant in the back of my mind and how that’s all I need right now—a car accident with no seat belt!
Torg met me in the front foyer of the Heber Wells Building as I was a few minutes late.  (BTW—I hate being late!)  We completed the necessary paperwork by 9:30, putting the Holy Vortex Foundation into Torg’s Open Mind Foundation as a DBA.  I then invited Torg to breakfast at a nearby Denny’s which I thought was on 21st South and State Street.  As I drove past 21st South, I realized I’d made a mistake and it was actually a Village Inn on 29th and State.  As I pulled into the Village Inn, I tried phoning Torg but got a familiar phone message that my cell phone had been turned off due to lack of phone bill payment.  (This happens almost every month as Brad neglects to pay the bills on time—which is entirely another story.)  As I waited a few minutes and Torg didn’t arrive, I asked to use the house phone at the Village Inn.  Instead of connecting with Torg, Renee answered and said Torg had used the house phone at Dee’s on 21st and 7th East to try to phone me.  I told Renee to call Torg and let him know I was on my way to Dee’s on 7th East.
It seemed like the “Elementals” (as Renee or Torg call them) or the “Mischievous Spirits” (as I call them) were up to some dirty tricks, attempting to sabotage Torg and my connection.  This always meant (to me anyway) that our connection was truly valuable and important.  Torg had taken a seat at a booth and I ordered coffee while he ordered a hot chocolate.  I checked my wallet for financial resources and noticed I only had $14.  I wanted to buy Torg breakfast for the valiant efforts he’d gone to this morning for me—so we decided to split a “Veggie Skillet” as it came with pancakes (which he wanted) and I usually avoid carbs as much as possible. 
Our conversation immediately ran in the direction of Intentional Community Building—which we both were passionate about.  It was amazing how much our lives had paralleled—he’d grown up in the same Parley’s Stake as me—graduated from Highland High School and also was indoctrinated in Cleon Skousen’s Freeman Institute (Cleon was a close neighbor of mine).  He’d been in the same graduating class as my older brother, Brent, (although he didn’t recognize his name) and said he was a bit of an “intellectual geek” and helped found the first “Earth Day” at Highland.  He’d been deeply involved with environmental issues ever since and had studied with some of the same “celebrities” as I’d met at Windstar Symposiums; such as Dennis Weaver, Bucky Fuller, Amory and Hunter Lovins and John Denver.  He even “wowed” me by mentioning he’d stayed in John Denver’s tipi in his backyard on several occasions. 
I told him that my design for my Rainbow Light Center (which I’d e-mailed him earlier in the week) had been inspired by the Lovins’ Rocky Mountain Institute in Snowmass, Colorado along with Bucky Fuller’s Biodome.  We then got into a deep discussion concerning environmentally “safe” materials to build my Light Center with as he’d been around Dennis Weaver’s “Earthship” recycled tire construction which required a lot of “earth-ram” work and wasn’t necessarily “earth-friendly” as tires can “out-gas” if not coated properly so that the air doesn’t get to the rubber.  I told him my “regrind rubber” concept was a great alternative as you still recycled tires but they could be easily poured into forms using the proper binding adhesives. 
I almost had Torg convinced of the efficacy of my concept when my cell phone rang.  It was my daughter, Ariel, which I had to answer as my two teen-aged daughters, Kelsey and Jenny, were scheduled to move to her place on Thursday or Friday so they could register for high school.  I was certain that the phone call was concerning these details; yet Ariel’s voice sounded unusually distressed (Ariel hardly ever gets distressed).  She then informed me that her husband, Brad, had been rushed to the hospital yesterday with what they had determined to be appendicitis.  It was, but during his appendectomy, the doctors found a tumor in one of his ureters which tested out to be malignant and so they ended up surgically removing some of his large and small intestines which showed signs of Cancer.  Ouch—what a low blow!
I was somewhat in a state of shock when I finished the phone conversation with Ariel.  Her husband, Brad, who was only 33, had absolutely no prior signs of Cancer nor had anyone in his immediate family.  “How could this be possible?” I questioned out loud to Torg.  Torg seemed extremely sympathetic as I shared with him the “bad news.” I then divulged my own Cancer prevention regime of an alkaline diet along with regular coffee enemas—a Cancer regime developed by Dr. Gerson decades ago.  Torg was also into natural healing and had taken Dr. Christopher’s School of Natural Healing Course and knew and worked with David Christopher, Dr. Christopher’s son.  I told him I’d been snowmobiling with David and Fawn Christopher a few days before Dr. Christopher slipped on the slab of ice outside their cabin door which eventually caused his death.  I had sensed that someone was going to have an accident on the slippery ice, and I’d mentioned to David my concerns that day.  I only wished I’d been more insistent on voicing my premonitions so that they would have taken care of the situation. 
I’m the first to admit that one of my weaknesses is not having a forceful voice so that people actually listen to me and take me seriously.  I’ve been somewhat of an “intellectual geek” myself most of my life and although I’ve had numerous visions and premonitions that are uncannily accurate—I’ve had a hard time sharing them with others.  I guess that’s why I’ve become a “prolific writer” (as certain friends call me) as it seems easier for me to write things down rather than speak them out loud—hey, I’m working on it ;)
On my way home, I stopped off at Whole Foods to pick up some natural food colorings for my Kombucha Tea Chakra Formulas I’d been playing around with.  The first four chakra colors had turned out great, but the blue and purple colors for the throat and third eye chakras needed some help with coloration.  At the check-out stand I literally ran into the arms of my dear friend, Cliff. It was an automatic energy mergence at first glance—that is how powerfully magnetic Cliff and I are connected.  He invited me to sit down with him as he ate the Sushi he’d just purchased.  He scolded me for not answering his e-mail he’d sent a week or so ago as he was now available to connect with me since he’d recently divorced.  (He proudly held up his naked ring finger.)  We’d had one of those “hit and miss” kind of relationships since we’d first met over ten years ago—and now I felt thrown into a whirlwind of emotion as we exchanged phone numbers—promising each other to call.  He asked if I did texting and I said “sure.” This could get a bit tricky—yet intriguing—I said to myself as I headed to my daughter, Destiny’s, a short distance away to pick up my two grand-daughters to go swimming at my condo. 
While there I was hit with some more interesting “news.”  Destiny and Tyler had split up and Tyler was living somewhere else in the meantime (until he could get some of his “bad habits” under control).  My precocious grand-daughter, Carly, (who was visiting from Logan whom I promised to drive back home the next day while picking up my two daughters who were coming down from Montana) filled me in on the details as I drove home.  I told Destiny (who’d booked some massage sessions) I’d drop Carly and Adaela off on my way to the Shamanic 101 class at 7 and then pick Carly up after my court hearing at 8:45 in the morning.  I began to think I was a “Granny-Taxi” as I crammed Adaela’s carseat in the back of my cramped VW Cambriolet and then scooted Carly into the passenger’s seat.  We had a perfect afternoon swimming and goofing off in the Condo-complex pool.  Then I was off to my Shaman class with Shamans Torg and Ryxi (Renee).
The class was quite interesting as we again shared our own shamanic experiences with newcomers to the class.  This time I shared my background concerning my Grandfather Callister’s deathbed vision of being told by a Christ-figure to help the Indians or “Lamanites” as he’d learn to call them.  James, a student next to me, shared that he cringed at the word “Lamanite” as it was a total slap in the face to “his” people (I assumed he was Native American although he looked Caucasian).  He made it clear to the entire class that they didn’t like being called “Lamanites” as this word was an insult to them!  (Mormons believe that the Book of Mormon “Lamanites” were a darkened race that required repentance to turn their skins white.)  I tried to console James by patting him on the back and telling him I understood his come-from—that I was no longer Mormon and didn’t call Native Americans “Lamanites” either—this was simply my Grandfather’s term for them.  He finally apologized to me as he got my drift.
Renee then demonstrated the Pipe Ceremony and Torg demonstrated how to create a Medicine Wheel.  I’d brought my “Tree of Life” stories as a gift for Torg and Renee and asked if I could read a short poem I’d written describing the “Medicine Wheel.”  (I wanted to share the poem I’d written concerning the coming of the White Buffalo Woman when we were talking about the appearance of the “Peace Pipe” but it was rather long.)  Torg seemed open to my sharing but Renee seemed somewhat put-off by my constant inclusions.  I, on the other hand, was a bit put-off by Renee’s constant references to the Nemenhah Band—which Brad and I had already determined to be another “Mormon Fraud.”  If James (or any of the class) knew where the Nemenhah Band had originated—it may have erupted into some pretty heated class discussion.  Brad and I decided to “bite our tongues” and glean what we could out of the class recognizing, from the Medicine Wheel analogy, that we all had gifts to share:
MEDICINE WHEEL
Red, yellow, black, white…
Four colors, dull to bright,
Four directions, four ways to heal
All around the Medicine Wheel,

Fire, water, earth, air…
Elements used by God with care,
To heal us of our separations
Because we’ve chosen different directions.

North, south, east, west…
Which is right?  Which is best?
Beauty, balance found in the center
When to the cross we surrender.

Life, light, laughter, love…
Precious gifts from God above,
Promised all of which are spoken
When the Medicine Wheel’s unbroken.

When our final discussions wound down to ways to protect ourselves against “dark or evil forces” a few tools and methods were demonstrated.  I felt compelled to reveal my favorite way of protection—prayer.  I then asked the class to pray for me as I faced my bench-warrant hearing the following morning.  Torg directed everyone to form a prayer circle (which closely resembled a Mormon Temple Prayer Circle) around me with alternating males and females with their left hands on the shoulder of the person next to them and the right hand pointed toward me. I’ll admit I hadn’t seen this type of formation for over 30 years—but I felt that the intentional heart connections were powerful and sincere.  About half of the members of the circle verbalized protective prayers for me (although a few were the traditional “Thy Will Be Done” prayers as I surmised some of them weren’t convinced of my innocence;-).  I felt the strength of their prayers as I left—and even that morning as I dressed for what I consider a “Masquerade Party.”
I arrived a few minutes late to court as my cell phone kept ringing or texting while I was getting ready.  I was pleasantly surprised when the seatbelt worked without effort as I hopped aboard my VW.  When I arrived, Lacey (my fifth court-appointed attorney) was “on stage” defending clients who, like me, had not been notified of court hearing dates and now had bench warrants out.  Judge Judith Atherton, dressed in her black “cloak and gavel” costume, reminded me of “Judge Judy” on steroids.  During the case proceeding mine she informed my attorney, Lacey, that she shouldn’t “fall on her sword” in behalf of her client—as it was her client’s responsibility to find out when their court hearings are scheduled.  Lacey, dressed in a gray, pin-striped skirt suit costume, noticed I had arrived as my name was called.  She asked the Judge for a short “conference” with me before taking the stand.  Lacey could have easily graced the cover of Glamour Magazine and I wondered what had “provoked” her to become an attorney.  Our conference was brief and impersonal (the polarity we’ve established between professional and personal); she’d simply tell the judge (again) that I had not been informed of my court hearing on Monday.  I then asked if I could stand outside of the authorized “bar” area as the court still hadn’t proven its jurisdiction.  When Lacey asked “Judge Judy” concerning my desires, I could see the rage enter her face as Lacey further explained that I still had questions concerning the court’s jurisdiction.
Judge Atherton then fired the question directly at me “Don’t you believe that this court has jurisdiction over you since you have been charged with a criminal offense?”  My mind couldn’t come up with the answer quickly enough—so my spirit took over as I answered, “Well…I believe you believe that you do.”  I could tell she didn’t like my answer and continued, “So do you believe that I have the jurisdiction to have this bailiff here take you into custody for contempt of court if you don’t approach the bench?”  The bailiff, dressed in his gray uniformed costume, moved toward me at the same time Lacey motioned me with her hand to join me at the stand.  Again, my mind was reeling with thoughts—is it worth getting thrown into jail over principle when I have an entire agenda of “family stuff” to take care of today?  Again, my Higher Spirit took over and quickly moved me through the wooden gates to stand next to Lacey.  I then explained to the Judge that I had been given a continuance clear back in June for my son’s birthday and I hadn’t been notified of a new court date ever since.  Judge Judy was thumbing through what looked to be my “Petition for Dismissal as Court Lacks Jurisdiction” and questioned me as to whether or not my not showing up in court on Monday was to contest their jurisdiction.  Again, Spirit helped me verbalize my answer,  “Your honor, I’ve shown up now seven times to court on time, every time without complaining.  I appreciate your patience with me as I move through these court proceedings.”  The Judge then handed Lacey another court date written on a slip of paper for August 29 at 9 a.m. and I was dismissed.  I reverently bowed my head and uttered a polite “Thank-you” to the judge…and then fled from the expensive Masquerade Party.
Yes, I say expensive, because each time I’ve gone to court it has cost you, the taxpayer, over $800 in court and attorney’s fees.  (I just looked it up on the internet under Court Cost Fee Schedule, Court-appointed Attorney’s Fees, Judge, Bailiff and Court-recorder wages.)  That means that my court costs to date is well over $5,000…and if it goes clear to a jury trial…just double the price for juror’s compensation.  Of course this price doesn’t include what we’ve already paid out to the entire Salt Lake City Vice Squad to masquerade as “Peace Officers” (yes, that’s what we formerly called policemen) in order to “catch me with my pants down in my own home.”  This not only is an expensive “Masquerade Party” but a terribly degrading and punitive one for all parties involved…as undercover detectives are already being put on the stand to testify whether or not they could receive a “hand-job” while lying face-down on a massage table;-)
What has happened to our court system which was put in place to defend our unalienable, Constitutional rights?  When did it take such a wrong turn and take the path of injustice rather than justice?  Why do they use terroristic tactics like threatening to throw someone in jail just because they feel their Constitutional Rights are being violated?  Well, if any of you read my recent Heartsong Newsletter entitled “We the People” you would have been informed of how, when and where this all took place.  In the meantime, all I wanted to know is who in the entire courtroom that day—the judge, my attorney, the bailiff, the court-recorder—even cared that after I left the courtroom I had to pick up my grand-daughter, head to Logan, pick up my two daughters and drive them down to St. George, where my other daughter was keeping vigil over her husband at the hospital who’d been diagnosed with Cancer and recovering from surgery.  (I wanted to inform both Ariel and Brad that simply drinking a cup of coffee a day has been scientifically proven to prevent Colon Cancer, but I’m afraid it would have offended them as they are both Mormon.)
And so with my new-found skills from my NVC (Non-Violent Communication) class on Tuesday nights, I’m learning not to judge people anymore, but simply become an observer.  In our first class we learned how the author, Marshall B. Rosenberg, developed NVC out of his exploration of two questions that had occupied him since childhood:
1.     What happens to disconnect us from our compassionate nature, leading us to behave violently and exploitatively?
2.     What allows some people to stay connected to their compassionate nature under even the most trying circumstances?
3.      
We were then asked to name the four components to the NVC process which are:
  1. Observe what is happening in a situation without introducing any judgment or evaluation
  2. State how you feel when observing this action
  3. State what needs are connected to the feelings identified
  4. Make a very specific request concerning those needs

In lieu of my court hearing and my NVC/Shamanic processes, I’m requesting that everyone who reads this Heartsong Newsletter holds positive intention or says a prayer for the completion of this whole court process on Monday, August 29th at 9 a.m. so that I can move forward in a more positive direction.  Also, please pray for the release (or relief) of my children from their (I won’t go into judgment here) father.  Or as Moses would say, “Let my people go!” (And also my Subaru!)
Epilogue:  Our Shamanic 101 Course included a Sweat Lodge Ceremony on Sunday evening.  Brad didn’t participate in the sweat as it reminded him of his last “Sweat Lodge experience” where the lodge-keeper used synthetic carpet and blankets creating a PVC (Poly-Vinyl-Chloride) chamber which, when heat, water and steam are added, creates hydrochloric acid vapor which is extremely toxic.  Well, I opted in for the entire four-round “Sweat Lodge experience” as I was attempting not to be judgmental.   After the first round my hands and feet started turning numb and my heart was racing out-of-control, indicating that my body was showing obvious signs of asphyxiation.  But I persisted with the sweat, feeling rather heroic that only five of us (four women and one man) “endured to the end.”  Well, Brad stated “stupid is as stupid does” and reminded me that our other “Shaman friend” had died from doing “too many sweats” as he developed migraines (which Brad claims was from brain-damage)  and overdosed on Oxycontin in an attempt to alleviate his pain.  And I must admit when I looked in the mirror the next day I looked ten years older!
For our next class, we learned about spiritual connecting and journeying with our “spirit guides” and my own Spiritual Shamanic guide Speaking Wind kept nudging me to tell the group that “they were like little children playing with matches and didn’t know how serious the power is that they are fooling around with.”  I didn’t want to burst anyone’s bubble but Patrick’s message was loud and clear—“unless we are willing to empty our cups and allow Spirit to fill them in each present moment—there is nothing any of us can learn concerning Shamanism.”  I think Renee really took offense when I finally mentioned that we are all “Wanabee Shamans” as Shamanism isn’t part of our culture and we should look to authentic “Shamans” to teach us concerning real Shamanism.  That’s why there are laws regulating Shamanic ceremonies to real Shamans—as the case where three victims died recently in an Arizona Sweat Lodge Ceremony is still on everyone’s minds.
I received an emotionally-charged e-mail the next day from Renee telling me that her guides—Gaia, Heavenly Mother and Jesus Christ were her personal “Shamanic Guides” and not to discount the power and authority that they empower her with.  I couldn’t agree with her more; but I still argued that her continued reference to the Nemenhah Band caused me “mental pause” as to where she was receiving her knowledge concerning Sacred Shamanic Ceremony.  Brad joined in the e-mail conversation, and we both practiced our NVC skills by not going into judgment.  We really wanted our relationship to continue with these “friends” whom we had so much in common with.  They were certainly “truth-seekers” just as we were, and we both felt that given enough time we would all come to terms with “the truth.”
We opted out on the Shamanism 101 trip to Bluff the following weekend as Brad and I didn’t feel that we had the time or money to spend venturing down to the four-corners area in order to investigate some petroglyphs and perhaps do some more “sacred ceremony.”  I felt that we were all premature in our quest to “activate the grids” (which was talked about in the first class) as Patrick and his colleagues had all been murdered because of their pursuit to do just that.  I’d gifted Torg and Renee with all three of my books months earlier along with several of Patrick’s books just recently, describing this powerful process—but I felt that my gifts of both of our written words were not honored—but simply ignored.  (Renee mentioned that she had a stack of books ahead of mine to read and also books she wanted to write.)  But I did have the sweet opportunity of sharing my “White Buffalo Woman” story with two of the women who remained in the Sweat Lodge with me and that truly was a blessed bonding experience we shared.
Post Script: After several e-mail exchanges with Renee and Torg concerning my “first-draft” of this newsletter (changes were made in accordance to their input) I felt to include a message from Patrick as both Renee and Torg made accusations that they felt Patrick’s books were fiction and Patrick probably died of an drug overdose.  I assured them that Patrick was murdered by the Illuminate a week after he appeared on the Art Bell Show (which I’d mentioned in my book, Heart Wide Open) and Art Bell left the airwaves after that as his life and the life of his children were threatened by this powerful group which Patrick calls in his book The Watchers the “Watchers of the Shadow.”  All of Patrick’s and my books are available through iUniverse Publications and can be ordered on line or through most book stores.  I also found the following article on Patrick when I googled him:
The Fifth World Of Peace And Light
by Speaking Wind

My name is Speaking Wind. I am from the Pueblos, of northern New Mexico, where my two brothers and I, were raised by Shaman for the first eighteen years of our life. From the Ancient Prophecies of the Old Ones, to our true life adventures, it is time to share, with all people, what lies ahead for mankind. For the sake of this article, I must be brief. So if it seems short, I assure you, it was meant to be.

Since June, of 1998, everyone began feeling waves of depression, and anxiety. All, for no apparent reason. Other than the fulfillment of Ancient Prophecy which states, we are now standing at the end of time, for life as we know it. While this is true, it is not as final as many would have you believe. Neither the Earth, or life on it, is going to end. Rather, it is going to change. But it will be a change of such tremendous proportions, it will seem as if we are about to become extinct.

The world has been separated into four distinct time periods, each lasting approximately ten thousand years. We call them the four worlds. Before the first one began, life on Earth, was a virtual, garden of Eden. There was no pain, sorrow, want, or desire. But, there came a catastrophe that ended that, and forced us out of the garden. This resulted in the four worlds, each of which, held specific lessons for us to learn. However, a promise was made, which said, in the end, we will all return to the garden, and live in peace, for all time. And now, the time is nearing. For the ending of the fourth world, is at hand.

However, there was one condition put on all of us. One that would have to be met, before we would be allowed to enter the garden of life. We were told, there would come a prolonged period of time, among the last generation to live in the fourth world, where all illusion, and the lie we have been told was real, must be released. In the beginning, this would be voluntary, but as we neared the final door way, the closing of the fourth world, our choice would be lessened. And all things that did not hold truth for us, if not voluntarily released, would be stripped away. For none of it will be allowed into the fifth world, the Eden we have all longed for.

But, for many of us, the lie, and the illusion, is all we have known. And to think of letting it go, makes us afraid. For we have lived with these things, so long, we are no longer sure, if anything else, is real. Those who cannot let go of the illusion, and the lie, they will feel the inevitable ending of time, more than anyone else. They will suffer great waves of depression, memory loss, anxiety, anger, and finally, the great madness. But it does not come as a punishment, it only comes to prepare them for the new world, that even now, can be seen on the distant horizon. And, keep in mind, this has already began in June, of 1998. It does not go away on its own, rather, it intensifies, until this world has ended, and the new one begins.

As I said, the final cleansing of Earth, began in June, 1998. In September, 1998, the five brothers, (planets), aligned themselves to usher in the cleansing energies of Earth. The chaos everyone has been anticipating, or the tearing away of the illusion, and the lie, will begin between January, and April, 1999, and will continue to escalate until the nine brothers, (planets) align themselves on the 5th of May, 2000. From that date, until the last day of the fourth world, December 22, 2012, a date taken from our star calendars, everything living, will undergo a purge. If mankind will not willingly let go of the illusion, and the lie, it will be stripped away. And, we have only begun to feel the effect, since June, 1998. The 23nd day of December, 2012, is the first day of the fifth world.

The illusion comes from believing in others, rather than yourself. And, the lie, tells us we have the right to judge others as good, or evil, or, right, or wrong.

There is much more to discuss in the vein of Ancient Prophecy, and recent discoveries, we have made. Perhaps at another time, and another place. But, for the purpose of this article, please, do not become caught up in the fear it is sure to bring you. For that is not the intention of the final cleansing. Its purpose is simply to prepare us, all of us, for entry back into the garden of life, peace, and love. Everyone makes it, no one is forgotten. But those who are willing to let go of the illusion, and the lie, their journey will be traveled with less fear, as a companion.

But, whatever your choice, I wish you well. You will appreciate the adventure, when you understand the beauty that awaits all of us, on the other side of the door.
Speaking Wind
E-mail: swind@advicom.net
Patrick Edward Quirk, Speaking Wind
PO Box 12612
Huntsville, AL 35815
I hope and pray that we will all begin to listen to each other and hear the messages that our Higher Spirit Guides are attempting to share with us.  We now have the opportunity to create a “Holy Vortex” of love and light that can truly transform the planet in a positive way.  I pray that we don’t lose this opportunity by going into judgment of each other and closing our hearts to the compassion we so desperately need in these times of transformation.  Oho and Amen—Janae Thorne-Bird aka White Buffalo Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment